Imagine yourself, sitting inside roller coaster cart. That is how The Veil of Secrecy begins. Hold on tight because what you think is going to happen, isn't even close to what is on the next page.
Rachel Brackett arrives in Sullivan, Montana with simple goals: relocate, settle an estate, and manage her own antique store. Her parents and friends back home called it running away. That’s just fine with her.
Rachel’s curiosity leads her into the forest, and she finds creatures who know more about her ominous heritage than she does. The creatures only exist in nightmares – grotesque mutants and shapeshifters. They seek vengeance for hideous crimes in genetic engineering, and Rachel is the prime target for retribution. While Rachel searches for the truth behind the family she never knew, a bounty hunter stalks her every move. Only Leonardo, a figure shrouded in the shadows, offers protection. A were lion with the perfect blend of human and feline features. Terrifying. Impossible. Alluring.
When Rachel’s home is ripped apart and a friend attacked, it’s clear there is no safe haven. She is no longer running from her past, but trying to survive to make it to her future.
This book has everything that a great Paranormal read should have-thrills, chills, the creature feature, and characters you can't stop loving or hating. The world that Rachel Brackett verges on Island of Dr. Moreau meets Beauty and the Beast, with a huge slice of Danger! Danger! and enough chills to make you look out your window and keep a porch light on. I loved this book and I didn't want to stop reading but I CAME TO THE END!!! This first book in her Trilogy series and it has me screaming, "HEY LADY WHERE'S BOOK 2! I CAN'T WAIT!" Really folks, I can hardly wait. I have to find out what happens. She leaves you right at a great cliff hanger and I may lose sleep waiting. Dear Readers, you HAVE GOT TO GET THIS BOOK! It's better than anything on television that is for sure and reading it was like watching a really great television program that has action, thrills, chills, and then takes you on that upward slope of inverted roller coaster track into Sci-Fi. YOU HAVE GOT TO GET THIS BOOK AND I HAVE THE BUY LINK! Be sure you check out author R M Alexander today! Right this minute! What are you waiting for? GET ON THIS THRILL RIDE OF A BOOK!
RM Alexander is an author of Sweet / Clean Romances that are sometimes contemporary, sometimes paranormal or suspense, but are always ruled by the heart of true romance.
With characters who look for love in wrong places and are victims of the worse kind of betrayals while fighting for what they want and believe in, RM's novels promise a good read with unexpected twists and turns.
When she's not writing, RM is spending time with her husband and two small children in Michigan. She loves to travel, especially to Walt Disney World, and can often be found on Twitter or Facebook chatting with other authors and fans.
TEN THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. No coffee for me, thanks. But I love orange juice, and drink a gallon or more a week.
2. My favorite place to vacation is Walt Disney World
3. I was a travel agent in another life.
4. I love chocolate, and my favorite is Ghiradelli dark with caramel.
5. I’m eclectic in the music I listen to, anything from inspirational to instrumental to country and rock.
6. My favorite book is 11/22/63 by Stephen King, but I also love Danielle Steel, Nora Roberts, James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks.
7. My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice. I watch it once a month or more.
8. I listen to music when I write, watch TV while I edit.
9. I’ve lived in three states: Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan.
10. I’ve always wanted to open a tiger sanctuary. The need is great, with too little help.