Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hunter's Game: Play The Game, Be Seduced, But Don't Lose Your Heart

Demetri with his dark gift commands the night. One look can seduce and one touch is a delight in carnal fantasy. He is arrogant and obscenely so but he's earned his right to be with a well sculpted body that promises nothing but pleasure and eyes that see right down to the soul. Sensual lips whisper dark fantasies yet this walking fantasy is not the knight in shining armor on the white horse. Demetri is as lethal as he is beautiful to look at. He relishes in his vampirism and his power. Cliantha is his chosen one; and its not quite known if she loves him or if he is simply an addiction to a fueled madness. For all Demetri's power and his mastering of her body; she holds secrets that not even he knows. She walks the streets at night knowing she is a siren's call to any and all men. However, if they knew what her company offered, well they'd still fall over one another to get a moment of her time. What is Demetri's game? Is she a pawn or is she the hunter? Amidst the primal passion they share, what secrets are Cliantha hiding? More to the point, will this Master of Raw Seduction do when he ends up tangled in a web that even he may not be able to get himself out of?

Hunter's Game
by 

Denyse Bridger


Denyse Bridger has done it again with her Quickie from the New Dawning International Book Fair, Hunter's Game. I read this and I had to read it a few more times and it is more than just a bodice ripper-the woman didn't have time to have a bodice on to rip! Just what is a Quickie? A Quickie is like a short story-a bit shorter than a novella that are becoming wildly popular with Kindle, Nook, and other E-Reader devices. Quickie's are ideal for those who want a quick read. Hunter's Game for those who love romance especially paranormal romance will fall in love with this Quickie. 



DENYSE BRIDGER
IN HER OWN WORDS


I am a native of Atlantic Canada, born in the country’s Easternmost province, Newfoundland, and raised in Nova Scotia. A lifelong dreamer, I began writing at an early age and can’t recall a time when I wasn’t creating in some artistic form. An active interest in the American West, and to a lesser extent the American Civil War, has been a lifelong obsession. Cowboys have been a love-affair that began at the tender age of three, and eventually expanded to encompass an equally timeless passion for pirates, Greek Gods, and Ancient Egypt. The other side of the Old West intrigue is an affinity for Victorian England, particularly the 1885-1895 part of the century. The other endless love affair in my life is Italia and all its magic, beauty, and dazzling culture.

My first major fantasy novel is AS FATE DECREES. (Available in bookstores everywhere, and on Amazon.com.) The novel relies heavily on Greek Mythology, and is set in Ancient Greece and modern Athens. If you enjoy a tale of Gods, Destiny, and the battles of an Eternal Champion, this is the book for you! Not surprisingly, there’s a touch of romance throughout, of course! “It’s what I do best, after all!” The next fantasy novel, already in the works, is about pirates, parallel worlds, and sorcery.

At this point in my career, I’ve had published in the vicinity of 500 stories and novellas, in almost any genre you can name. “The only thing I haven’t tried yet is hard-core science fiction, and horror. Since I don’t consider vampires as I write them to be the fodder of horror, I classify those stories as Dark Fantasy.” Many of my vampire stories have appeared in Margaret L. Carter’s anthology, The Vampire’s Crypt, and Night To Dawn, published and edited by Dawn Callahan for the first two years, and now published by author/editor Barbara A. Custer.

My poetry has been published internationally, as well. I’ve also been the recipient of numerous awards, most notably the Fan Quality Award, which is given annually for excellence in fan-written fictions based on film and television. As of May 2005, there are four awards in the collection, and no less than a dozen nominations to my credit. I’ve had one of my books end up being a finalist for book of the year in 2008, and been a finalist for the Aurora Award six months after As Fate Decrees was released. I’ve lost track of the 5 star reviews, but I am always grateful for each and every one of the amazing endorsements given to my work. Readers are everything, because they are the real reason any author is successful.

In 2006, I formed a partnership with actor/producer/singer Branscombe Richmond to create and write a serial that is best described as a modern day western. (Think motorcycles in place of horses!) Installments of the book appeared on the American Motorcycle Company website, the first in April 2006. Since then, I have gathered all the segments together and they will be released as a novella in future, with a conclusion to the story of our Rebel Knight. The first half of the tale is again available from XoXo Publishing™ in eBook format.

Simply The Best was the title of my first full-length erotic romance novel, and was my debut title with Liquid Silver Books. Upcoming projects are diverse and many, with a possible sequel to As Fate Decrees in the future. In the erotic romance genre there is also lots to explore, including the Victorian mystery series set in and around the infamous Ripper murders; and soon a set of tales that take place at a Venetian Masquerade Ball; as well as many other stories set in a variety of genres.

I am presently at work on several very exciting projects, many of which are inspired by the wonderful romantic love songs of Italy, and the wonderful men who have brought this music back to today's audience. I am working on a new vampire/fantasy novel that has involved a lot of world building and will be very detailed and possible series if all goes well. There is also a new vampire novel with an ancient Sicilian Prince as my hero.

I've been lucky enough to add Ellora's Cave and New Dawning International Book Fair to my list of publishers this year, and I hope to have many future releases with these two great companies. My first books with them have been well accepted and very successful, so a huge thanks to readers for that!

DISCOVER DENYSE BRIDGER

Author Denyse Bridger can be found all over the World Wide Web at these links! 











2 comments:

Denysé Bridger said...

Nikki... wow - thank you so much, sweetheart - this is quite a write up, and just... wow!! I love you, girlfriend - and thanks so very much for this!!

Anonymous said...

Are you the parent of that child who raped that 7 year old?

If so, you are the world's worst parent, allowing yoru child to play games that teach him to rape another boy, and then claim it was not rape, but he was "acting out" on that child. Absolutely Atrocious.