Monday, May 2, 2011

Indiana Govenor Pulls Planned Parenthood Funding

I am not a political nut, but sometimes I read something and it just really sticks in my crawl. First I would like to state that I am NOT Pro-Abortion. For me, it is wrong but I will say that to make it illegal or nearly impossible to obtain one I am against. Indiana's govenor, Mitch Daniels has pulled funding to Planned Parenthood because they make through the funds they get from the state, because they help women who decide to go through and terminate their pregenancies. To me this is wrong. Planned Parenthood stood at the forefront of the AIDS epidemic in the 80s and provide education as well as condoms to promote safe sex. They provide birth control to those who would otherwise be unable to afford it as well as education to prevent unwanted babies that doesn't always result in abortion. Up until Roe vs. Wade-women obtained abortions in back alleys and in back rooms where more than half the women ended up dying afterwards. In Indiana up until the famed Becky Bell case, young women had to go before a judge to obtain an abortion without consent from their parents. I don't like abortion-in this day and age it's practically obsolete with all the help a woman can receive not to mention open adoptions and such. However it is one of those necessary evils that has to be legal. Planned Parenthood should not have their funds cut. There are worse things that tax money goes towards and this is a slap in the face to every woman. We have separation of church and state for a reason and I can't help but think that Mitch's religeon is playing a major role here. It's the same was the gay marriage debate. Cutting funding to Planned Parenthood is only going to cost the tax payers more money because they are going to take it to court and will probably fight all the way to the Supreme Court and Indiana will still have to refurbish those funds back that they sought to take from Planned Parenthood. I've said it already-I don't like abortion and I'm not a supporter in it. I believe that if you get between the sheets with someone-you choose-you are choosing whatever consequence comes along with it. Now that is not to say that goes for women who are the victims of incest or rape because they didn't get to make that choice. However to those of us that decide to have sex and not take precautions-we've made that choice. However, some women cannot bear a child. Some women either because of age or circumstance after all the options are weighed and every consideration has been taken-still have the right to choose whether they want an abortion. It may not make it right-but I would still rather a woman be able to have one in a clean sterile environment with a doctor doing the procedure than to be forced to go to a back room with dirty equiptment by someone who has no clue what they are doing! I don't like war, but sometimes it's necessary. I don't like alot of things that we simply have to have because if we didn't it would cost lives. So if you live in Indiana-let's vote these folks out!

No comments: